Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Work in Progress

Fall Leaves
I haven't done much sewing the past week, because I had to put my main machine, my Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0, in the shop for a cleaning and minor repair.  I really miss it.  I do have two other machines that I can use, but they aren't the greatest.  They are ok in a pinch but I would never start a large project with either one.  So, I have been handquilting instead.  I am starting to make some progress on the Fall Leaves applique quilt.  Three more blocks and the borders left to quilt.
My Reminiscence
I did manage to get the borders sewn on My Reminiscence.  I love how it turned out.  I will look so nice in my livingroom.  I am going to machine quilt this in free-motion. Hopefully, it wont take long to get my machine back from the shop.   

I am linking up with The Needle and Thread Network.  Stop by and see what everyone is working on.


Here are a few photos I took today, with my cellphone, while having a lovely walk through Halifax Public Gardens,







12 comments:

  1. Your quilt (Remenesense - I can't seem to spell that correctly!) is absolutely gorgeous! I had to sit and look at an enlarged photo for quite a while taking it all in! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of the gardens.
    Before you know it, you'll have finished the hand quilting. It's looking good. Your other quilt is very pretty. Too bad you aren't going to hand quilt it too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new banner...love your new picture, and love that quilt! Wow! Hope your sewing machine is back home soon, but I sure love what you're doing in the meantine! Thinking of you as I wash the dishes...giggle! The gardens are gorgeous...I have never been through...maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is gorgeous , and your fall quilt is really coming along with the hand quilting . Great photos of the gardens , perfect day to visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda! Your blog banner is just gorgeous too! ; ) LOVE that.
    Monika in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful gardens. A wonderful walk that must have been. But seriously that My Reminiscence quilt, is just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blog banner...beautiful work:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must admit that I was awestruck by your banner! So nice! Do you do your machine quilting with your Pfaff? I am thinking of buying the same model, how do you like it! I really like your Reminiscence so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a quilt top, begun about 3 months ago, that looks like it needs to be hand quilted. Hand quilting is becoming more and more rare... Love the nature photos, summer looks lovely at your end of the country...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! love both quilts..really gorgeous. You take very nice photos...those phones are unreal; aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work is lovely! I especially love "My Reminiscence". So annoying when your machine has to go missing for a while, isn't it? The Gardens are so nice too? The pic with the pink flowers - are those roses? Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your work, but especially your blog banner is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.